Hello

Jostal

Hello There,

I am new to the LARP and thought i would say my hellos. I've been doing Dagorhir for a number of years and have always been interested in checking out a more standard LARP. Im looking forward to attending your event in August. (I was the guy in red that stopped in Saturday evening with the 5 year old.) I have some questions if you dont mind.

How do I learn more about the story line and history of Alliance?
Is there a general map of Traverse City's Continent? (I would like to consider a city of origin for a character whenever I am able to attend as a PC)

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting everyone.

This is a good year to start. As a new story line is being created now. Talk with Chris or Cory on the story for more information. Also you can post in the in game forum and get back story's from characters in a in game manner.
Also get a character set up and that will help with a back story for you as this new land is unexplored with a lot of races not around yet.

Hi Jostal!

I did indeed see you, but sorry I didn't introduce myself.

This is a great time to jump in. As Pyke mentioned, we started a new campaign this last event you visited at. At the current, these is not a map of the areas. Most of the land mass is filled with a Mist that seems to have segregated races/nations and traveling the Mists is filled with uncertainty and danger.

As to your background, you can pick any race in the Alliance Rule Book. Let us know what race your interested in (you can PM me here, usually check boards at least daily) and we can help get you a race packet to help you develop your background. There are also nation race packets that cover very broad racial aspects and roleplaying (though for immersion sake i recommend that you only read through the ones you are interested in).

I am excited to hear more from you and to have you add to the story :)

-Cory

Greetings Jostal,

Thanks for taking out the time for stopping by Saturday night and seeing how we play LARP in our chapter, to bad we could not introduce you to more of the staff. I hope to see you more in August, its a fun and friendly chapter don't be afraid to ask any more questions.

As for maps and old backgrounds its just like what Cory said above in his post.

So is there a place to discuss the crafting of the boffer weapons? How are you guys with Plastidip weapons?

Regarding boffer weapon creation, I imagine the rules > new player questions. Though I believe easier to learn in person then over the internet. The rulebook also has a chapter on them with pictures, which helps.

I don't know personally about Plastidip weapons personally (out of my area of expertise). The biggest thing is safety, so if you can't feel hard points at thrusting end and it isn't "whippy". Dave H is our general manager and weapons guy, I will see if I can't flag him to this post.

-Cory

As someone that plays Dagorhir, I recomend building ultralight weapons. You will have better control with them and will be able to pull your blows better. I will be at Rag if your going and you can seek me out.

-Tristin

James (Yngvin) and I will happily help you out with anything you need. The rule book is available as a PDF and should answer most questions and give you a basic understanding of everything from character to weapon building. I'll send you a pm as well.

~Anique

Hi Jostal, I'm David I'm the general manager for the Traverse City chapter, glad to hear your interested in playing.
As far as the plastidip weapons are concerned we treat them just like a duct tape covered boffer weapon, the rules are found in the PDF rule book.
Whether the weapon is covered in cloth, duct tape, or liquid plastic, the rules are the same.
Tristin made mention of ultralites, simply a foam boffer weapon with a lighter,smaller core, such as kitespar. Construction methods differ from person to person, so feel free to ask around.

I hope this helps

Back