January 316 Rumors

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Rumors heard around Westhaven.... (these are verbal, in person, heard around town; not heard on the dreaming)

My daughter told me yesterday that she wants to grow up to be a Death Worm. But last month she wanted to be a clown in the Twilight Circus, so I'm not springing for a training sword just yet.

The Ternians must throw one heck of a party, half the Koshinari delegation decided to stay after the new year.

Tymphany certainly has a lot more Biata than before, it’s like they’re coming out of the mountains or something!

I tried to go to that New Years Party in the Ruby Forest but I couldn’t get past the large bear bouncer.

Matron Sybil McNulty has offered a 10 gold reward for the return of her kidnapped daughter Alexis McNulty. Heard she was kidnapped by an Elf named Davion and a Stone Elf named Harlequin.

I hear Grand Counselor Haven and Apprentice Dair Nearwander gave up their positions for a secret assignment. I wonder who will take over the R&D Branch?

I wonder how that Davenport kid is doing with Sage Melvarn Crowley. He’s probably a dual formalist by now!

--Apparently Sir Siril has been spending some time at Fairfax Manor this winter..

--Umm, where have YOU been the last 3 years?

--I was...sent to the Northlunds…

--Oh my gosh! Then it’s actually true!

I saw Oric of Riverside Beach Party dueling against folks around town; I would not want to be at the wrong end of his weapon.

Some guy just asked for a huge order of nuts to be sent to some remote location. Turns out there was a portal there, and a sack of money with a note.

Did you see that purple eyed Romani around? I saw him wandering out East just last week, I wonder what he’s searching for.

- Have you heard the story about Antigana defeating that Spine Dwarven Necromancer named Keith Dunwood? Apparently I didn’t until yesterday. Folks say she took out 500 skeletons with a single earth storm...while drinking her morning tea!
- Keith the Necromancer doesn't sound too scary for a name.

The Duke of Gatik, Kender Hitchcock, had his merchant contacts sell the Death Worms a bunch of healing potions, at cost! And didn't even give them a markup for high volume! What is the world coming to, when a hardworking Hobling can't make a decent profit?

Those Forgotten Hope people work for Eastwood’s nobles now… they say they're just rescuing Arbor's orphans, but I'm suspicious.

--The bard college will be finished soon, come learn to be a super secret spy!

--Um…

--I mean a totally normal, regular trustworthy bard. Normal.

--You're new at this, aren't you?

Back