Details on Preregistration on SoMN's Castle Event! (oct 23rd)

Lurin

Duke
Pre-registration for the castle event will open on Tuesday September 15th at High noon (central time) Why? To make sure everyone knows when it opens to have an equal change at being the first to pre-reg (not to mention reserve a private room.)

Please find Below important Details and FAQs

1. What is the address of the site?
21930 Paradise Drive
Nisswa, MN 56468

2. What will the sleeping arraignments be like?

The sleeping arraignments include 2 16 bunk rooms, a 32 bunk room, and 4 Private 4 bunk rooms with a private bath room and shower. The 4 bunk rooms will be made available for reservations for $100 per room (that's $25 a person), in the event of unreserved rooms, senior npcs will be given preference. Reservations will be first come first serve, to reserve a room you must have a list of who will be in the room with you (at least 3/4), due to the expected attendance we are requiring that all private rooms hold at least 4 people. (If people want to share single bunks/set up mattresses on the floor that's perfectly fine. Room Reservation fees will be 'partly refundable' Meaning we'll attempt to relist them for you and give you whatever they go for in the event you have to cancel. Room Reservations may not be transferred for more than they were reserved at (no scalping ^.^) All room reservations must be prepaid within one week of reserving or the reservation will be up for grabs to anyone who did not get in.

3.) What will be the Price for the castle Event?
In order to help defray the significant costs of reserving the castle, the cost for this event will be $75 with a $15 dollar discount for PCs, and $25 with a $15 dollar discount for NPCs. So a pre-registered player will pay $60 as a pc or $10 as an NPC. Gold and Silver Memberships will give their FULL discount of Half Price or Already paid!

3.a.) That's a lot of coin if I'm coming from out of state man.

You are right, let me re-post our out of state traveler discount good for this game only!

As always we'd love to make this an epic event and would love to see more faces from out of town, although we understand it's a long drive, thus we've decided to off our fancy new "Dave G Pays your Gas!" promotion)

<In his best Billy Mays impression> Here's how it works!

Any player who resides in a non-Minnesota state full time that attends the October 23rd-25th event will receive $25 dollars off admission provided personally by the SoMN Owner from his own pocket (okay so that really only matters to the book keepers) In addition, the organizer of any vehicle that brings 3 or more people (or convoys of multiple vehicles that does the same) will receive DOUBLE the discount (that's a mere $10 for your event, food included!)

So if you've ever wanted to travel and see how them crazy Minnesotans play, this October could be the perfect time, and I'd love to see some of the great Larper's I've met in your chapter meet more of our local folks!

4. What comforts are available at the castle?
The castle has water-heated floors, full showers and bathrooms (multiple showers) The bunks and materesses are brand new and the castle sports a massive industrial kitchen with plenty of fridge space!

5. What will be offered for food?
You event fee includes Light snacks Friday night, Breakfast Saturday and Dinner Saturday. If you wish to bring additional snacks, We expect there to be refridgerator space available and the kitchen will be open for use outside of main prep times, although you will be expected (and supervised) to clean up after your efforts.

6. Will the entire event be in doors?
Not even close! There will be inside modules but much of the event/modules will be outside and in the elements please plan your costuming accordingly.

For Traveling Players.

1. What is the current build cap?
There is no build cap...Huzzah!

2. What about MIs?
Check our update policies, SoMN now allows all restricted items, and a small number of LCO effects such as once evers or Arcane armors travel freely, other lco items must be 'attuned' and all players may attune 15 years worth of effects on any one item each game they attend.

As a Special Plot effect for this Event, an additional 20 LCO rituals may be brought in per player, only standard effects will be allowed (no immune to X, once a day dodge etc.)

3. Where can I fly into?
The best airport for those flying in is MSP international.

4. Can folks host me?
We have a number of enthusiastic players that can host/give rides from the airport, but plan early as capacity is limited.

5. Do I need a SoMN Membership to play?
No traveling players with an active membership in another chapter do not need to purchase a membership.

6. Will there be LCO effects?
For this Castle Event we will be using only standard effects as listed in the rule book.

So... Are you coming? Post below to let us know so we can all be excited!

How do you pre register a room, please?

Just to be clear, I am not trying to do this now, just looking for information so that we are ready when the time comes.

The e-mail/form to do so will be announced at the proper time (high noon the 15th) with confirmation of reservations being sent out shortly there after.

Dude I live out of state ;) npcs have space to sleep? It sounds so wonderful to pc but realistically I'll be npcing- still be fun I'll bet! If anyone lives in Wisconsin and needs a ride, hit me up.

Depending on the total number of attendees NPC sleeping will either be in the lower bunk room, or in a stand alone cabin a short walk from the castle. But yes, I promise npcs will have space to sleep, hopefully they'll be able to find time to use it ^.^

Are you planning on doing another castle event in the future? That would be a cool event to fly out for! Unfortunately Oct 23rd is a busy time for me this year.

We've been doing castle events roughly every 18ish months, so there is a good chance you'll have another shot in a couple years!

Since the question has been asked a few times, a copy of our LCO policy for SoMN. To sum up, basically the more you play locally the more LCOs you can bring in from other chapters, but remember for this event we are additionally allowing 20 LCO effects per player. (As long as they are "standard" effects in all ways)

Non-SoMN LCO Items:
The Mist Caves of the Sheltered Lands are no longer generally available for attunements or questions, with attempts to locate them being almost certain to fail (excluding potential plot connections). Instead, the following policy is in place:
  • All items currently attuned continue to be attuned and transfer in freely.
  • Non-attuned items no longer come in as “unpowered shadow versions” of themselves. An unattuned item now simply fails to transfer in entirely, with the item returning when the character exits the Mists surrounding the Sheltered Lands.
  • Each PC attending the event may attune a single item of no more than 15 years of effects each game. This item should be noted in your pre-registration and will be checked at Logistics. All items attuned by this method are then forever attuned and may be brought in under the same restrictions as we apply to Restricted items.
  • Attunement Tokens can be used for an additional 6 years on top of the base 15. New Attunement Tokens of varying value may continue to be dropped as treasure, usually being white with silver designs upon them.
  • Characters that possess a Boon of Attunement granted to them by a Mist Guardian have an effect upon their spirit that can be used once ever at logistics for an additional 30 years on top of the base 15.
Clarifications:
To determine the “years of effects” of an item, you take the take the remaining length of each effect in years before adding these together. Always round up the final sum when calculating total year cost. For example, a 3/day Cure Light Wounds item that lasts 2.5 more years would be an 8 year item. There are a few notable modifications to the above:
  • Per-day 9th level spells, whether through Spellstrikes or Expanded Enchants, count for triple their remaining length of effect.
  • Arcane Armor on an item counts as 0 years, but the item still counts against the 1 item per PC per game limit.
  • Times/Ever effects on an item that are creatable by the current system count as 0 years, but the item still counts against the 1 item per PC per game limit.
  • All Permanent effects count as 10 year effects.
  • You must attune an entire item at once. For items that have more than 15 years of effects, you must pre-register the tag at logistics as “working on being attuned.” Once (the number of events) x (15 years) is greater than the item's total years of effects, it will then be attuned. You cannot save up years without specifying a specific, already existing and possessed item.

Back