Goals for next market day.

Cenarith

It has come to my attention that we seem to be coming to a crossroads in regard to our connection to the Broken Lands. The way I see it, soon we'll either have to merge them into Arden proper, or seal them off entirely as was originally intended by the founder of the Paladins. It has made me realize that I have been putting my own goals on the backburner for a bit longer than I should, as I have not yet obtained Glitter and have instead been helping others in their endeavors the past several market days. I plan on attempting to retrieve Glitter this next market day and killing the MWE who took it. After all, if the final decision is to seal off the Broken Lands, I will need to retrieve Glitter before that happens, and if we merge with them, I don't want a several thousand years old Greater Mystic Wood Elf running around Arden using Blood and True Name Magicks to his heart's content. Any assistance would be appreciated, including those from whom I have already asked assistance.

Much love and thanks,

Cenarith

My sword is yours. Find me next market day and we will make preparations.

I might be able to help in this endeavor, though I would like to know a few things first. Primarily, does everyone have a "True Name", or is it only Mystic Wood Elves, and secondly, how exactly does he procure these names? Finally, what is the potential function of said Magics, Blood and True Name?
If you want to take a powerful Wizard of any kind down, you need to outsmart him, because he sounds like the kind of person to throw waves of "disposable" minions at us, some of which could be MWEs he supposedly enslaved, in which case we may find ourselves unable to defeat him with simple brawn. Now that I am finished with my current task for the Seekers' books, I can devote a bit more of my time to help deal with all these other annoyances.

- Wycliff, the Seeker of Spirit.

Wycliff,

Typically only beings who achieved power have true names. Dragons are a good example. All Dragons typically have a true name. Also, beings who make deals tend to have true names, Fey and their kin, again Dragons, Arcane Goblins. Of the common adventuring races, you see Mystic Wood Elves being the ones that often have true names.

Also dabbling in True Name magic tends to give you one.

Once you have a true name, people can figure out ways to get it. Trick you to give it up, make a deal for a piece of it, lore, visions, etc.

Once someone has it they have ultimate control over you.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

Hmm.... Are we positive none of our ranks have had theirs stolen? Also, is there a way to break, or at least disrupt, that control? That will be an important factor in any fight against him.

I'm unsure who "him" is. But, yes. There have been some problems with our friends. I'm working with Enan on a solution. But, it seems largely like a Wayside matter, with only some minor bleed over.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

The "him" I was referring to is the MWE previously stated to have stolen Glimmer, and also said to be using True name magic. At least in this matter, the threat is significant should that being know the true name of any of the adventurers going.

This being shouldn't know any of the true names of the adventurers, as he is stuck in a small piece of the Faldric Forest that was placed in the Broken Lands so he wouldn't be a threat. He believes himself to be "Master" of the forest, and doesn't realize he is not truly in the whole of the forest. I don't really know the exact nature of true names, as it seems to vary between races.

When I met him in person, he had forced a satyr and an ogre into servitude by stealing their true names, I assume much like the issue in Wayside. They seemed to want death, but he refused to let them, making their bodies crumble when we dealt them damage. I assume he can control people without their true names as well, as the beings who placed him into the Broken Lands were turned against themselves by him, I assume through Blood Magic.

I have also been informed that if I were to find a way to get him out of his..."home", he would be significantly weakened.

I plan on gathering more information on this matter next market day, and will share this information as I get it.

Also, the sword's name is Glitter, not Glimmer. Just to clarify.

-Cenarith

Perhaps Glitter iz but a glimmer or glamour az they say.

Priorities, ve all have them, ve all fail sometimes, but do we serve those who share our priorities or fools. Tis the question of life, tiz the question of adventuring.

Kit

I think glamour is more of the Romani persuasion.
Also, I like that adage about 'serving fools'. However, someone dear once told me, life is like a big game of Chess: the pawns are many, but the players few. There's more to the saying, but not that I would add talking to a MWE.

Kit, thanks for your encouraging words.

Wycliff, I think you still have work to do on the filter between your mind's words and what comes out of your mouth.

-Cenarith

Cenarith, once you have a plan of advancement let us know and I am sure that some will help you. Wycliff is correct that fighting a powerful mage can be, tricky. I would recommend gathering information between markets, getting a better idea of what we will be facing.

Fredrick

Baby steps, Cenarith. Baby steps.
Also, this is the dream realm. These are literally my "mind's words".

Back