Need LARP testers for a new product (FREE SAMPLES)

WanderDen

Greetings fellow adventurers!

I've developed a new prop for larp/adventure/cosplay/etc. and I could really use some testers and reviewers. I thought this might be the place to go.

This prop isn't so much a product as a process for creating fully customized, waterproof, durable, and beautifully textured scrolls. I have dubbed the final result "MapCloth"

This isn't some coffee-stained paper or dropcloth with writing on it. This is a painstaking, handmade three-stage process over about ten days involving a combination of traditional sailmaking techniques and modern chemical synthesis. I'm pretty proud of the result.

What I really need now is a wider range of testers to try it out and leave some feedback or reviews. What do you say? I can print almost any combination of image or text you want onto approx 8in x 11 in. space. Perfect for everything from battle maps to character histories to royal decrees.

First 7 requests on this thread receive a FREE SAMPLE FOR REVIEW (must be within US for free shipping)

I can also do hand-inked commissions for that extra bit of authenticity, but those take quite a bit longer so I'm not offering them for free at the moment. Contact me if you're interested :)

There's a variety of colors and finishes to choose from. All are waterproof. Here's just a few photos...

BAM-7136.jpg BAM-8040.jpg BAM-7057.jpg

BAM-7994.jpg

Me me meeee!!! I have several ideas for this!

Give me a minute to find what I want exactly.

aaaaand the first one goes to Durion! One down, six remaining :)

Love the enthusiasm, Durion. If anyone needs help finding image sources or ideas, let me know. When you have your final image you can contact me directly with the file.

I can accept most file types, the higher the resolution the better. All pritning is BLACK AND WHITE.

As a general rule, the resolution will be similar to printing it out full page on a home printer, with the exception of super-nuanced shading (like in a high-res photograph). The ability to do that is still in development, but coming soon.

And I hope it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: I reserve the right to reject any image/text that I deem offensive, inappropriate, or illegal.

I am interested, these look super nice!

Do we have to have the document right now? I have an idea for this but I would have to get some input on Sunday from some people.

I am interested in getting a map on it. Looks neat.

At first, I was like, "man, this looks really awesome and I'm a sucker for free stuff, but I can't think of something I would have you make..."

...But then I remembered something I have that I would LOVE to get on fancy, waterproof parchmenty goodness! Can I be one of your sample people?

Great! Do you want to reserve sample #2?
Yes please. I am actually working with an artist right now to get something converted into a photo you could use.

I am super stoked for this. Thanks!

What a response! Here's what I have so far in terms of reservations:

1. Durion
2. Durnic
3. Norman B
4. Darkcrescent
5. Gadion Ravenscroft

That means there are still two left! Hurry before they are gone!

And to answer some earlier questions. No, I do not need the designs today. If you can get them by Monday, that would be great. But it's ok if it takes a little more time beyond that. I'll just start making it when the design comes through.

For images that are finalized by Monday, I expect to ship them around Sep 10.

Oh oh, I would like to be lucky number 7!

so that means the 7 free samples are all reserved. But don't despair, the level of interest here has been overwhelming and I may have an announcement later this evening...

Well, looks like I missed the boat on this one. I am highly interested if these start to be for sale or something of the like.

Don't worry Anna! For anyone who missed the original giveaway, you can still purchase them!

You can visit my etsy store to look around, but for some great discounts I just launched a kickstarter (literally launched an hour ago). Check it out! The Early Bird 8 x 11 Custom MapCloth is only $20.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/326219119/mapcloth-custom-waterproof-printing-for-all

If you have an idea, request, custom commission, etc. You can always message me directly as well. I am very much open for work!

Thanks again for your interest and support. If you like this idea, I hope you'll share it with your friends. If I can get this off the ground, there will be a LOT more coming, and I think this community will be a great place to find testers :)

The kickstarter is 75% funded in less than a week! If you are planning on getting anything this first round, better stop by. Things are starting to sell out.

I need all the money, and pretty much right now.

Back