Visiting Enerret from the Ceriopolis

Polare

Count
Greetings!

Every once in a while that itch to travel the mists rises from within, and once more I find that wanderlust is calling me. In a couple of weeks I will be attempting to travel to Enerret and I understand that there are a fair number of adventurers there that I might know somewhat.

Might I inquire as to what sort of place Enerret is? Is it (as locations across Fortannis often are) populated with threats and danger, or is it a rare beacon of peace and relaxation? What should I expect to find there? Most importantly, are there any spas or gambling halls in the area?

As I normally do, I will be carrying some stock of goods for sale and trade. Are there any laws or regulations I should be aware of when buying and selling battle magic scrolls, alchemy, potions, weapons, armor, mist-touched ritual scrolls, reagents, or various objects of unique interest?

Many thanks for your time,
Lord Polare Lissenstine of the Kingdom of Andar

Most of the white tenebrous walkers have made their gathering place the township of Brimm's Watch, which has recently become a baronial seat after some disaster destroyed the previous seat. Brimm's Watch is in the kingdom of Tharros, and is predominantly populated by what we commonly know as elves and humans.

Outside of the strange and evil dark tenebrous, the problems I've encountered have seemed to be the kind of adventures and mishaps that people of our inclinations tend to create good drinking stories about.

Since Brimm's Watch was until recently a baronial hunting location, it does not boast the great amenities a long established major city would, though it is growing somewhat quickly.

As far as merchanting, necromancy is, as you could assume, illegal here. The laws are similar to the laws of Andar, though they are much simplified. Don't cause more trouble than you fix, don't break things, and don't do anything that could be classified as stupid, even for an adventurer, and you'll generally be fine.

Dame Ny'ranï

Yay! A familiar face is also going to be traveling the mists too. It's been a long time since I was able to travel. I hope to see you there Polare!

Is there any formal document or place that the laws are posted? I don't want to get in trouble for having my claws out or having a ward without a local noble invested. I have seen these be crimes elsewhere so I would like to be prepared. Thank you for any information.

-Karzel
Equitem Aether of Ceriopolis

"The Laws of Tharros

All non-citizens, ambassadors, and citizens of Tharros are subject to her laws while within her borders. All ambassadors are held to noble standards of punishment in Tharros while within her land. Ignorance of law will be subject to the noble's discretion upon punishment.

The punishment of the following crimes are subject to change by the noble or appointed sheriff with noble approval. Accused individuals are guilty until proven innocent, but have a right to trial by combat.

Major Crimes

Treason - as defined by the endangerment of Tharros, or its people. The punishment will be obliteration, and exile from the Kingdom of Tharros as a hostile enemy.
Necromancy - as defined by the casting of any chaos magics, necromantic rituals, possession of necromantic items, or raising, aiding, or abetting of the undead. The convicted are formally marked by The Red Skull and executed.
Murder - as defined by the permanent death, resurrection, regeneration, or bfottle resuscitation of the victim.
Ritual Assault - punishment is subject to the noble and sheriff befitting of the crime.
Arson - a fine befitting of the damage, as well as services rendered back to the community.
Slavery - immediate freedom of said slaves, and services rendered back to the community.

Minor Crimes

Assault - 5 gold crowns as a beginning fine, subject to change at any time by noble or sheriff order.
Theft - cost of the items in question, plus a fine defined by noble or sheriff order.
Insubordination - 5 gold crowns as a beginning fine, subject o change at any time by noble or sheriff.
Mockery of a Noble Title - 5 gold crowns as a beginning fine, subject to change at any time by noble or sheriff order.
Poaching on Royal Grounds - 1 gold fine, subject to change at noble's discretion.

Additional Laws

All rituals done within the borders of towns must be reported to the noble prior to beginning the ritual.

All citizens must have registered within the towns to account for population and resource management. (Hunting grounds, etc.)

All non-citizens must have registered within their town of residence to account for population and resource management. (Hunting grounds, etc.)"

Thank you again Dame Ny'ranï. It is good to know I must register. I will make a point to do that as soon as I am able.

There are also dangers in these lands that I have not seen anywhere else. The beasts that come from the black mists in these lands are known as the effotic and there are the red tusks, a particularly hostile group of orcs that often wield necromancy. If you wish I can sit down with you and any others that are visiting and give you any information you would be interested in.

- Kjeld son of Bjarn

It will be good to see you both again; Lord Polare, Equitem Karzel.
If you have need of anything, please ask and I will do my best to help.

-Shin

Dame Ny'rani,

Thank you for your reply, it is of great use. Congratulations on your ascension in rank, by the way; I do not know that we have spoken since it happened.

Karzel and Shin,

I agree, it will be good to see familiar faces.

Kjeld,

I may take you up on that. Fighting Orcs has become unexpectedly popular in my life over the last year.

-Polare

Lord Polare, thank you. If you have any further politically oriented questions, feel free to ask me. If I do not know the answer, I at the very least know who will. Dreams and missives are best these days. Little Shiran makes it difficult to have pleasure outings of more than a couple of hours.

~Ny'ranï

Lord Polare,

It was an honor and pleasure to make your acquaintence at the Apple Festival. Thank you for sharing our fire and regailing us with tales you brought back through the mists. The Phandalin Five would proudly share a similar encounter with you in the future, should your travels bring you to Brimm's Watch again. Get home safe.

Reactions: Jim
I appreciated the conversation and look forward to speaking to you and yours again. Feel free to contact me if you are ever in the area of the Ceriopolis.

Respectfully,
Lord Polare Lissenstine

Back