We're Low on Spell/Poison Packets!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hey y'all,

As of our recent event, we realized that we are distinctly low on both spell packets and poison packets, and we'd like that to change! That said, we are offering a special deal of 1 Goblin Stamp per Packet donated at or before our August 2015 Weekend Event! That's double the normal rate and a pretty easy way to earn some Goblin Stamps if you're low! Maybe you could even get some friends together and have a packet-making party!

What's more, for every 200 packets you donate, you will get one entry into a raffle for the chance to win an LCO magic item prize! Ooh, extra incentive!

As a tip, cutting up thrift store bed sheets is a cheap way to get lots of fabric for packets, and you should use finch seed for the inside of your packets since finch seed does not contain any large/pokey bits (such as sunflower seeds and corn kernels, which should both be avoided).

Please note that when making spell packets that they can be of any color that is NOT blue or orange, but we request that you do not make them with colors that are hard to notice in the grass/dark (such as dark green, brown, camouflage, black, etc.). As a reminder, Poison packets must be a solid bright orange in color.

I am wondering if corn meal is acceptable for packets? because it is light and has no pokey bits in it and I made one and I saw nothing was wrong with it, I have an option to get a ton of cornmeal from my work so it would work out really well

Cornmeal would absorb moisture and become rock solid pretty quick. I like to use millet seed (you can find it at garden supply stores). Millet seeds are almost perfectly round, and are very uniform in size.

Indeed, we will only be accepting bird seed packets (as long as they are not filled with large, pokey, or thistle seeds). Like Josh said, millet seed is a good way to go for making said packets.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

That's okay thanks for the speedy response everybody!

Hey folks! We're still pretty low on packets, so we will be offering the same offer posted above for our September 25-27th Weekend event as well!

Bring lots of packets, get lots of gobbies!

Back