May 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

llywelyn

Artisan
A consolidated thread of ALL THE THINGS!

Please send us your event feedback: http://goo.gl/forms/FrR8Zq1Uve Feedback can also be emailed to plot@alliancedenver.com .

IBGA Form: http://goo.gl/forms/7qtU9SdBmB (please read our IBGA Policy and Actions Between Games: Getting the Most out of IBGAs before submitting, IBGAs are due by May 31st at the latest).

Pre-register for the next event (event is June 19th–21st at Meadow Mountain Ranch, pre-registration deadline is June 14th): http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html

If you are submitting a character background and looking to get that approved before the next event, the soft deadline for submissions is June 5th. Email these to plot@alliancedenver.com . You are welcome to submit it after that, but we may not get a chance to approve it or send it back with feedback before the June event.

Finally: We are looking for submissions either for coin (for your character) or GS (for you) for the Acarthia Times about this event or just the world in general! Please email those to plot@alliancedenver.com so that we can approve them. Soft deadline for submissions is June 13th. We'll have more up on this in about a week, give or take, as we continue to refine this process, but don't let that stop you from writing articles and submitting them!

I wish I could be with everyone at the event! Now on to your favorite moments when you get back!

Also remember that Jesse said that IBGAs these next two events are being handled differently. I'll let someone from plot handle the specifics of that.

So favorite moments...pretty tired this morning...so thinking is hard.

PCing
  • The stress/impact of being in charge of the MG. When I had to send 7 others through the mirror and couldn't go myself, I was really nervous waiting for them to get back. Then Zak busted through and I thought I was on a timer to get a team through the portal to save my friends lives before their death timers ran out. We ran down to the troop house only to find out that the mirror needed time to recharge and we couldn't save our friends.
  • The emotional impact knowing that I was at least partially responsible for five of those people dying and resurrecting.
  • Practicing my skills at killing casters. Ended up facing off against Taylor over and over again, first in the Ogre battle and then secondly in the undead battle up near the tavern that night. Taylor, it was so much fun fighting you, you make a great caster BBG. :)
  • The decision making process about selecting who to send through the portal late on Saturday (the second time) to try and rescue our friends. Telling some people no, that they couldn't come. Knowing that it was likely we would all face our deaths when we went through there. Had some intense RP with some of my fellow squires.
  • The vision ritual on Friday night in the MG with Ivayna, Tynun and Dame Katherine. So cool to have Ivayna there helping perform the ritual.
  • Fighting the shadow creatures on Sat night as people kept rezzing. I didn't have a magic weapon so I couldn't fight them myself but I was helping out by spotting them and following them with my light.
  • Stepping up to help lead the MG all weekend long. I have so much respect for our senior guildsmen now (Shani, Aneira, Anders). It's a lot of work!

NPCing/directing
  • Freezing my *** off as the statue in the dwarven vault on Friday night. Then...watching the whole party seem to wipe cept for Banks who in a clutch move, finished the puzzle, rezzed Brom and saved some of the team. It was sooo creepy to have 4 undead prowl around with me watching as the statue just waiting for your friends to resurrect.
  • Ghoul Brains! - Loved watching the PCs actually see the brains repped and have to pick them up.
  • In the Ghoul Brain mod there was a berserk gas trap that was in the corridor. Lumi and Wolsey kept stepping on the fishing line but it would NOT go off. I kept looking at Jesse, he at me, just waiting for it to trigger. But nope they got super lucky.

I had some pretty good moments this event as well.
  • Fighting in the mausoleum to retrieve the Sprite Bottle. Our tactics worked so well all things considered
  • After the fight with the resurrection shadows all of the interactions with the Barron and the rest of the group chosen to try to go through the mirror. It was cool to be in the roll deep enough that I felt like I was really psyching my self up for a possible suicide mission into the unknown...excellent and intense role play.
  • All of the clever diminuendo filled discussions with Lucian, Beri'al and Blue about IG blossoming relationships.
  • My talk with Egil about tactics and getting some interesting insight into his code of honor.
I'm sure I'm missing other stuff, but those really stand out.

This event was an absolute blast to NPC!
  • Attempting (and failing) to recruit anyone I could into the waylay games
  • Having Baron Darius catch my silence curse with his weapon, and have to blow his dodge.
  • Continuously getting taken down and searched by squire Kendrick (EVERY SINGLE TIME)
  • Almost dying as the Ducal Mage when distributing tournament rules.
  • Getting to be the main Caster NPC for the weekend :)
  • Getting waylayed twice in a row by Echo (Man is he sneaky)

Ohgods. I am SO TIRED.

• I think my favorite fight was the ogre battle. SO MANY PAKKIT. The archery dueling bit was perhaps not the most tactical thing to do but I think it was... funtical?
  • I really hope someone got video for the final fight. The PCs all looked like heroes. It was awesome.
  • Also got in a few individual encounters in the final fight that were pretty nifty. "Oh hey there's Kendrick why don't I go play with hiiiiiAAAAAA ALL THE PACKET OH NO SWORDS *SPLAT*"
  • In hyperlocal event news, it is so gloriously quiet in a tent outside NPC camp when the only bugs that are trying to get in it are real bugs. <3 tent.
  • "How would you like it if someone came into your house and pissed on all your stuff?" (excited affirmative SQUEAK of rats)

Everything hurts, but still a fun event.

• The war banter I gave at right before dinner, followed by going 10 waves of fighting, then into asking everyone near me if they consented to physical roleplay as my timer was coming up for me to wake up as an Orge from that fight, surprise -- Yes I am that strong for my size. :D
  • Reprising my role as Teddy of the Fleas, trying to recruit people for the Waylay games, and hiding.
  • Chasing Derek and Jordan during the Undead Tomb fight, and tripping, almost sliding into the tree.
  • Fighting Erikaya with her weapons and the look on her face, priceless.

Last edited:
Overall, had a pretty decent time...
  • The endless banter among the wylderkin about what most people might consider "private" matters. They certainly don't.
  • Blue and Lucian. Nuff said.
  • The key of shad-OOOOOO-ws. Not explaining that.
  • The look on people's faces--especially Arikaya's--at the end of Lagarde's untimely resurrection.
  • The joy of pulling off the most complicated political maneuver I've ever done on any character I've ever played...only to have it backfire literally (not figuratively) 3 seconds later by dumb luck of when plot sent in an certain NPC. Ugh. Timing...I doesn't has it.
  • Fighting endless undead and a crapton of bugs all Sunday with no armor, all because Lagarde needed a hat to feel "right" in armor. Thank you NPCs for not butchering me!
  • "We found all the armor and weapons. But not your hat." /rage

Last edited:
This was one of the most consistently busy events I've ever experienced at Alliance. I had a blast OOG!
  • Guesting with Bayenna, and waking up Saturday morning to Dame Arikaya's colorful commentary, leading into a 30 minute group rant, laughing the whole way, culminating in Lagarde's suggestion of future craft activities... Look, you had to be there -- That's all I can say!
  • The look on Russ the NPC's face when I blew a Slay on one of the resurrection shadows. Just. Done. With. That.
  • Tons of great roleplay moments with Juliet as Elavir, up and down the emotional scale -- It's always so nice to roleplay with a professional!
  • And on a different topic, but still from Elavir, one of my favorite lines of the weekend delivered sotto voce as a sidebar, "But not required."
  • Receiving the little giftie with the poem fortune from Tigress -- I understand this was from one of Porch's stories? That was so creative and thoughtful. That little affirmation brightened my whole day! What a cute idea to spread some sunshine around!
  • Panax's good natured and cheerful-sounding account of the murder of a bunch of ogres
  • Feeling genuine sorrow hearing of the death of a non-existent NPC who's never been cast, never appeared onstage, never even generated any letters... but was so "real" in the collective imagination of the Rivervale team with its rich development of the offstage world of that barony that we're all nevertheless feeling the loss
  • The moment that all the rest of the color drained out of the whole world when Baron Darius recited for us a Whispering Wind message with some shocking information from home
  • Roleplay with Brom in the subtlety of gestures, words, and no words thereafter
  • Reformation of Beholder Squad with Bel, Roro, and Zizi! This new squad ROCKS! That was one of the most seamless and easy introductions of new battlemates I've had the pleasure to experience. Can't wait to fight side-by-side with all y'all again!
  • 20 amusing seconds of conversation with Izual in passing, but just long enough for some very real-seeming characterization, and an interesting new perspective on his character
  • The typical weekend conversation which centers around, "Graham, I know you mean ME, you can say it," between two old friends
  • Sunday morning conspiracy theories with Sir Osborne. I always look forward to the inevitable, "Wait a minute, I've got two chickens" moment in those!
  • And because it bears repeating, "We found all the armor and weapons. But not your hat." -- I DID expressly look for it!

I had some of the best roleplay at this event that I've ever experienced with this game! But some of the more notable scenes were:
  • Walking out of the cabin first thing and running into 3 different encounters. After the first one, we realized we needed a bigger group and went back, but it made the rest of the walk that much more nerve-wracking.
  • Walking around and talking to the other foxkin about courting. And realizing that most of us have no idea what we are doing. It was both very enlightening and entertaining. The only people who could give me good advice were Lagarde and Beri'al, which I am still laughing over.
  • The Key of Shadows activation. Embarrassing for a couple of different reasons (screaming and laughing to tears aside), and I honestly didn't expect any of it. I thought really hard about running away as soon as Lucian dropped, but apparently there was a Lagarde with an endow behind me, so I suspect I wouldn't have gotten too far!
  • All of the wylderkin banter. So many innuendos, so very many.
  • The orc fight. I spent a good portion of it playing off of Lucian, and it made for very intense roleplay that I am excited about and want to see more of!
  • Oh god, the resurrection carousel of terror. Not having a magic weapon made that terrifying, and then having one of the shadows come up and cut down Lucian and scare Blue into the forest. It was heartbreaking and I sat behind a tree to cry a little. Of course, that ended up with me sitting in the Healer's Guild and seeing my first rez, which was interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk with Salvia at length about her view on it.
  • Those damn Kobold ninjas. Sneaking around in the dark to catch one, having Ri yelling behind me as I'm sure the kobold was going to pop out and gas me. I still have no idea how I missed him. (Curse you Ian!)
  • Sneaking behind the pages' cabin to surround the were-rat. We waited there for what seemed like forever, only to have the rat run right past. This event has shown me that I really need to work on my endurance with running.
  • The two mods that accidentally popped on top of each other, and telling Noah he needs to dodge fire instead of swatting it with his shield. The banter was a lot of fun, and I really hadn't had the chance to roleplay with the other kin as much, and this event I had numerous opportunities to explore different relationships with each of them.
  • Also, the slutty dwarf bantering with the wylderkin. It was awkward and hilarious, and I couldn't stop laughing long enough to push her onto someone else!
  • Getting to go scout with the Cerberus. Even though we didn't have a lot of time to scout, it was really neat that we were trusted to do recon and not die.
There are more that I've missed I'm sure, but these were some of my favorites!

It was an unusual event for me given that I ended up NPC'ing (unexpectedly) for most of the event. Nevertheless I did have some great moments both as a player and a NPC

• Really enjoyed NPC'ing the dwarven tomb encounter, it was a great set up and watching the PC's escape a TPK by the skin of their teeth was quite satisfying.
  • Fighting Dargok's forces in the Saturday battle. Thought the town worked really well together in that battle and we kicked some serious ***.
  • Playing a shadow and doing my best to sneak up on and freak people out.
  • The interrogation of Thorgrim by Robert Albright and his Seneschal. I can't say too much about it because that information isn't all known in play yet, but it was a great moment with Jesse and Jen and made the fact that I missed the rest of the game as a PC for it worthwhile.
  • Fighting several members of the Scions as an acid bug. They had basically no chance in the fight since they couldn't beat my threshold but still managed to maneuver around and pick each other up and keep the fight going until help could arrive. They did a great job surviving what was a seriously unbalanced fight.
  • Not having to wear 50 lbs of armor all weekend!

Some of my favorites:
  • Taking on a necromancer (albeit a baby one) with new friends and old on Friday night. Dame Arikaya, Belswin, Rahra, Zizi and Radulfur were excellent allies... and that adventure kicked off a story-line that lasted all weekend.
  • NPCing on Sunday morning for Ian's Chaos Wellspring finale. This was the story arc kicked off by the necromancer fight on Friday night and being an NPC for it was at least as fun as being a PC for it. The other 4 NPCs misunderstood somehow, so what was supposed to be 5 of us independently respawning every 60 seconds was just me, respawning basically as fast as I could for about 5 minutes. That may not sound like much... but it was by far the hardest I worked all weekend. As always... huge props to the amazing NPCs that put out sooooo much energy all weekend long.
  • After that NPC stint I got back in garb and went to the tavern... 10 minutes later I hear that some Scions have run into trouble on the road to Greenwood Village... turns out this is the "seriously unbalanced fight" mentioned by Thorgrim above. I'm pretty exhausted from the NPC gig... but hey... at least it is downhill. I take off at a decent clip and come around the bend to find Bremmus the Dwarf standing paralyzed in the middle of the road. I popped a Cure Light potion down his gullet and kept on running. Another 50 yards down I find the carcass of a big nasty bug, then another 30 yards down I find Loche in a similar pose and see another nasty bug just finishing off 3 other Scions in the woods. I just barely get a potion into Loche before the bug comes to find me... and that is when I discover the bug is swinging "8 Paralyze." Oh... CRAP! Swinging that kind of attack with two claws is brutal. I block like crazy, discover that I am at least getting past the bug's damage threshold... but you can't block two claws forever and BAM... I'm paralyzed too (but not dying, whew!). Luckily, but that time more Scions had arrived and Echo had come from Greenwood, popping a heal and a Remove Paralysis into me. Right about then, the bug finally goes down. All told it was a scary, brutal fight... but we didn't lose anyone!!! It turns out Bremmus (the first one I found) had only 20 seconds left on his death count when I got the potion into him... so that was probably my most heroic moment of the event.
  • Then a bit later it was off to hunt down the bugs in the Goblin cavern. That was a good fight with some really great teamwork and communication all over the field. I did get the feeling, after a little while, that the bugs didn't really want to attack the left flank all that much... props to those who made the Left Flank so very discouraging. ;-)
There are easily 10 more... but that will have to do for now. I loved seeing and playing with all of you, especially some new folks who hadn't been to Alliance Denver before.

Also remember that Jesse said that IBGAs these next two events are being handled differently. I'll let someone from plot handle the specifics of that.

Correct - BGAs are only for characters that will not be going to Port Reliance-Bayenna and then to Deaths Islands at this time. Missives are great but please allow Plot the leeway to determine when responses reach the character - it may be via falcon (email) or it may be IG - might be June, might be July, might be August. Letters are interesting that way. - Jenn

This was a... hard event...
  • Jumping out of my skin as Dame Katherine woke from her vision of the mausoleum...
  • Dwarven Vault: Outside was one of the first 'I feel useful with my spells' moments. Inside... just... wow, particularly at the end. The statue crumbling for unknown reasons (to me) was heartbreaking since I was trying to figure out what to throw at it that might give me time to do... anything. Then the same Brom I heard crash to the floor moved...
  • Friday Night Resurrections were a sight to behold. Then the last one didn't leave the circle as Brom and I waited for it... That circle is SMALL...
  • Waking up to a kind and friendly Baron rousing us from our sleep Saturday morning...
  • I thought the young archer that came in was some sort of joke at first... then I saw the tabard, and the bow and the dirt... and the bottom dropped out of everything. Sir Osborne's understanding of an angry/emotional request for aide afterwards was striking.
  • The closing of the Chaos Spring was a memorable fight. We all worked so well as a team, and the sword juggling was truly awesome, and full of 'Holy crap, that actually just worked' amazement. The same fight, showed me the martial side of Panax I'd never seen...
  • The thouroughly frustrated goblin that finally got through Connor's skull that EVERYONE NEEDED TO HELP with the freeing of the ToT's cavern. Brom needs to teach them numbers bigger than 2. That whole fight was great, and it was good to get to fight by Ri's side again.
There was a whole lot of in character angst and drama, but it was a good event!

Oh man, this event.
  • Being the third or fourth highest circle of Celestial Mage this gather. Sure put me on the spot a bit.
  • The Banter before the Dwarven vault fight, I offered to get naked so I could Lagarde traps if need be.
  • The terrible, terrible description of how we tied up Billy's Necromancer. He's probably still spitting out pinecone residue.
  • Dying for the first time. I wasn't sure what was happening as I try to not listen, but OOG I sighed with relief to hear the statue crumbled. By the way, deathcounting while Paxton repeats a riddle every ten seconds is IMPOSSIBLE.
  • The joy I felt knowing that Peat could res Lumi since she has healing arts. Then being asked what my squick factor was and watching Lumi's resurrection go not at all like the two I witnessed last game. I was having a super hard time between shadows and Peat. Follow up of dying and promising Peat I won't die again.
  • Dying again. That was terrible. I almost RP'd Lumi out of the mirror as bad juju from the night before. But Kendrick wouldn't have liked that when he was pushing Lumi to be more self confident. Knowing the mirror was open but thinking nobody else had gone through and trying to defend the fallen fighter in front of me, just to go down myself.
  • Peat's second resurrection speech. It was so awesome and Dia did a great job rping it. She is so good at crying I almost cried before it started. I think she almost brought the whole healer's guild to tears.
  • Having Tab support Peat along with all the other circle activity. If you thought that the circle was tight Friday you should've seen Saturday.
  • Baroness Elavir's face at 4 spirits in the Healer's Guild.
  • Hearing "gaseous" a bunch of times during Lumi's second res to hear that about 15 shadows came out of her. That'll put a damped on your mood.
  • Not getting sick from exhaustion this game, apparently a nap and late redbull are the answer to an early working girl.
  • Those s'mores. I should've requested one of those post res.
  • For all my snark about Osborne and dying I now hold an impressive death record.
  • Learning about what you don't keep on you when going through magic mirrors.
  • Not doing a single damn mod Sunday because three deaths in one weekend is a shitty idea. Also opting out of shadow fighting because I felt responsible and didn't think I could be of use.
  • Taking teacher so I can teach my mentor :p
  • The sense of community and camaraderie when people found out Lumi died (again).
I'm sure other fun things happened that I'm missing out on, as most of my weekend activities revolved around dying.

Back