Camp, Kids, and community outreach

Hey everybody,

Recently I was approached by one of my brothers to help out at a camp for kids with Muscular Dystrophy, he has been going to this camp for years as he started out attending with a cousin of ours who had MD. Our cousin passed away a few years ago and he has continued to be a camp councilor there. Every year the camp has a theme for the week, this year they are going to try for a different theme each day and one of the themes is Medieval. Knowing I was in a Medieval LARP he asked if I would like to do an activity for a few hours on June 24th.

Our awesome chapter owner Dave has graciously agreed to assist in this endeavor and I am hoping that a few more people would be willing to volunteer. Even if you would not be able to help out on June 24th (which is a Wednesday) we will likely need some help with ideas and putting together some supplies. If there are people who would be interested please let me know and I will get you details as I can. If I get a few people to confirm they would be willing to help over the next couple days I will give my brother the thumbs up on this. This is an opportunity to do something really great for a group of kids who deserve to have some fun.

-Rick Blatz

Back