Returning to business

Ruski

Dear travelers, and adventurers

As the cold season is ending I have found myself taking stock of what I have in my stores, and I felt that this would be an opportune moment to inquire of the desires, or cravings any of you may be feeling. I will attempt to continue providing noodle soup, hot cheese bread, and sweet snacks, as well as tea and cold drinks, but if other things are desired please tell me sooner rather than later, so I may procure the necessary ingredients to best serve you at the next gather.

with thanks,
Kar.

Kar,

As the war progresses in Imladar, I am finding a shortage of wine deliveries to Ashbury. Are you able to assist in this matter?

Altohtaro Armand
Northern Imladar Regional Command - Special Forces Division, Ohtar
Imladari Ambassador Pro Tempore to the Duchy of Ashbury

Ambassador Alto,

Is the issue that the wines are not being shipped (a problem that is better dealt with on the Imladar end), or that shipments aren't making it to Ashbury either by sea or in transit through Brittington and Blythedale?

Spymaster Dorgun

Spymaster Dorgun,

The ambassadorial channels have informed me there was a problem with moving it by sea to Ashbury. However, I believe this could have coincided the same timeframe as the problem we dealt with last year. Namely, Thessi warships. It is my current knowledge that shipments are still having problems arriving.

Altohtaro Armand

Ambassador,

I'm sure that you'd be able to get shipments through by land. Brittington is pretty safe, and if a trade route to Ashbury were set up it would benefit every place it passes through. I'm sure Imladar can use things produced in Brittington and Icenia.

Spymaster Dorgun, absolutely not trying to organize a three kingdom network of informants

Spymaster Dorgun,

That is a splendid concept. I am quite certain Ashbury/Icenia and Brittington could benefit from non-lethal cargo shipments. And even if Ashbury/Icenia does not have the coin for what they require, I strongly believe that Imladar would be more than willing to extend a line of credit to those in need.

I look forward to helping organize a trade route the benefits all three kingdoms.

I would, however, still like to investigate the missing shipments. I fear for our allies transports and their supplies. Any act of piracy should be swiftly dealt with.

Altohtaro Armand

Ambassador,

I'm sure Her Majesty already has trade agreements in place with Imladar, since our nations are friends. If piracy is the problem, do you know where the ships were last seen? By sea it is a long way from Imladar to Ashbury and there are many possible thieves. It may be the Thessi attacking your ships just to disrupt trade, but if it is just wine shipments being attacked it is probably someone else. Why steal liquor that won't get you drunk?

Spymaster Dorgun, preferrer of ales

Spymaster Dorgun,

You are likely quite right about Brittington. But I am not currently aware of any substantial trade routes that have been established with Ashbury/Icenia from Imladar.

I will have to check with the ambassadorial channels to see if they can pinpoint the location this problem is occurring. I would not be surprised to find Thessi behind the attacks. But I find it most peculiar that Thessi would target Imladari merchant ships full of wine. From the standpoint of the ongoing war, it seems quite illogical.

And I apologize to Kar for using her dream message to conduct this business. However, some of the wine I speak of was intended to be served at dinners for the travelers and adventurers at our gatherings.

Altohtaro Armand

Alto (As I believe we are on good enough terms that announcing your full title in a dream is unnecessary, if this offends you please inform me)

I will be bringing wines, and teas to next gather. As always they can either be purchased with coin or washing dishes. I hope that this is a good enough piece of information to put you at ease for pre/during/post meal wines.

Kar

Kar,

No, you have not offended me. You are quite correct. We are indeed on friendly terms.

Now in regards to the wines, that is most acceptable and appreciated. I would be happy to wash dishes to provide wine during dinner for Imladar's erstwhile allies in the Duchy. Barring an attack on our location or a meeting, of course.

I look forward to speaking with you in person.

Altohtaro Armand

Last edited:
Back