You too could become a Defender of the Azure Keep

Lurin

Duke
I like to think our group is reasonably well known, as I prepare over the winter for when the snows break I find myself stopping and considering where I would be without those that have joined with me to protect my people. The truth is, I don't know where I would be, the strength I get from seeing so many strive to protect the peoples of my land is something I cannot fathom how it has affected my life.

Which makes me think, with so many new comers to the land, it would be a shame if someone that might add to the group fails to meet us simply because they do not realize the option is there, so I thought I'd take the time to explain our group so people might understand us better.

What is our purpose?
The primary purposes of the Defenders of the Azure Keep are first and foremost defenders like the name implies. We defend the people of my lands, which currently include both the Azure keep and a small section of surrounding lands on the southern slopes of the Sandorian mountains, which lays between Fairfax and the kingdom of the Northlunds. Beyond the people of my lands we also assist in defending the general populace of Fairfax, and then the Kingdom at large.

How is that different then any other group?
In many ways it's not, however the Defenders focus on protection differently in two ways. First, we have a higher priority to defend the people that live on my lands specifically, while this rarely interferes with helping the larger sense there are times when it becomes a conflict.

Secondly my group believes in solving problems without involving, or making deals with extra planar creatures or powers we do not understand or cannot control. That means that members are strongly encouraged, but not prohibited to avoid any such entanglements. We work together to solve issues, we do not allow foreign threats a foot hold by replacing one problem with another. Sometimes this means the effort is harder, less certain or more dangerous but we believe that it prevents far more issues in the future.

Do I have to be Wilderkyn to join?
While I do have to admit I have a personal soft spot for members of this race, and find that often their desires fit very well with the Defenders, by no means do we only seek out Wilderkyn to join the defenders. Our membership includes members of most races, all that is required is a willingness to work with us.

What about my resources?
Our policy is simple in the defenders, you keep your money, while we encourage donations to the group box, it is entirely up to you. Donations to the group box are used for production purchasing, components, scroll and magic item gathering. I'll be up front, once something is in the group box it is controlled entirely by myself, or another member if I'm not there. Generally speaking money is handed out to make sure everyone has enough money to purchase things if needed, and to work to build weapons and items we can use. Generally speaking we focus on making multiple smaller items with perhaps a half dozen effects.

Working with other groups
We encourage our members to work with other groups as often as possible, although we try to make sure everyone has at least one other member with them at all times. Junior members are often watched over by stronger members to make sure they come back alive. We do ask that anyone that joins the Defenders does not join an Adventuring group, or any group that might conflict with their commitments to my people. This obviously would not include membership in most professional guilds such as the Earth Guild, or Traders Guild.

Interested?
Not everyone is a good fit, but I am always excited to talk with potential new members so if this sounds like something for you, please seek me out and I will be glad to meet with you and see if it might be a good fit.

Respectfully,

Lord Enan Bluewater,
Keeper of the Azure Keep.

A'yan Bluewater,

I do not write this response for my interest to join—I have many other things to attend to at this point in time. I am new to these lands, so I do not fully understand the references that you make to the lands, but I believe I might have something to offer. I am somewhat of an engineer and would like to offer my services if you have need of them. I am sure a man as great as yourself, rumors have met my ears as I traveled to this area of the Defenders of the Azure Keep, have some men and women in service to repair the Azure Keep. However, I try to specialize in combat engineering that might be good for the defense of your lands. I always am looking to help and always looking to innovate. I like to solve problems and will stop at nothing to finish a goal.

I assure you my rates are reasonable and I also take other things for payment. Additionally, they are debatable to a point.

Signed,
Wild Rose
Owner of the Wild Rose Adventuring and Training Company

Wild Rose,

My Keep is still a shining example of fresh construction, however I may have project for you later this summer. As you can imagine however, in order to employ someone as an engineer for one of my holdings I must be able to trust them, so we should get to know each other.

-Enan

A'yan Bluewater,

That is understandable. I plan to attend the market day in May, if it is possibly I will find you and possible discuss future business cooperation.

Signed,
Wild Rose
Owner of the Wild Rose Adventuring and Trading Company

Last edited:
Back