The Blizzard has Ceased!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Have you heard?

For the entirety of known history, an eternal storm of wind and ice has encircled some of the Quelie ruins in the northwest portions of the Wastes, a bizarre convulsion of nature itself preventing exploration into such a place without suffering a frigid death… and yet now the storm ceases and the climate around the ruins is quickly becoming inhabitable! Still a bit chilly compared to the rest of the Wastes, but now the ruins may possibly be traversable! Such an occurrence is extraordinary! Nay, absolutely astounding!

What could have caused the blizzard to come to an end after all these years? What history is hidden behind the icy doors, sealed for centuries up until now? What secrets of the ancient elves can we now uncover? Too many questions, but one simple place to find the answers! The expeditions must begin at once!

Those that wish to explore the icy remains of the past with me, I graciously welcome you, for I would love your assistance in discovering that which has been dormant for so many centuries! It might take a bit of travel to reach the ruins, since they are none too close to any notable settlements, but a bit of extra walking through the Wastes is surely worth it for the chance to investigate. Such an opportunity doesn’t happen every day, after all!

I’m simply aquiver with anticipation!

- Jilkir Pelunica
Loremaster of the Wastes and Avid Elven Researcher

Again, and still blind children try, to strip off the barriers that would keep them dry. To turn aside the flood that covers this land, but instead merely playing into their hands!

Once again one of the old barriers falls, driven half by hope and half by his despair, you wander ahead without any care.

What might have taken time will now take much less, because of these vain and foolish requests!

- Merrick the Sage

Jelkir,

Where and when would you like those interested to meet you? I think it's safe to say that the Adventure Capitalist will be more than interested in assisting you with this potentially profitable discovery!

Don't worry Mr. Merrick, I brought a coat so I'll be good; but thanks for the warning though.

Vermouth

Vermouth and others that wish to join me,

I am more often than not in Keansen in the Wastes, though it would be silly to request that you make the journey there from the Grasslands only to trek back north into the Grasslands again, since taking the Grasslands is a much more efficient and safe route than reaching the ruins through the Wastes alone. I would suggest that you arrange for transportation to Qual-Nesh, then take the western road from there until you reach the fork, then continue southwest cross-country from that crossroads until you reach the village of Dreiga on the edge of the Wastes. From there, continue due southwest until you find the ruins. I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult, since the area you're looking for will probably still even have snow on the ground when you arrive!

I imagine it'll take me some time to get everything I need ready to go all packed and prepared, then it'll take me some time to get there, and then it'll take me some more time to get my base camp fully configured and ready for company, so I think I'll rendezvous with you at the edge of the ruins in, say, three weeks time? Does that sound good?

- Jilkir Pelunica

Ello Jilkir - I am looking somewhere fur yuu!
Yez, this ecxstrodinairy opportunity seems to have come to us at a most wonderous of time.
Yuu vill be wanting me to be coming with yuu yes?
Ok, yuu talketted me into it!
I vill be thar with some extra arrows fur your quiver of anticipa - whatever a Cipi is.

Jasper

Merrick,

What is the warning that you would impart concerning entering these ruins? It sounds as though you have some knowledge of them.

Warnings, NOW you want warnings? Might have been a good thing to ask for before asking a wounded child to undo his Aunt's enchantments don't you think?

Here's a warning, learn to leave well enough alone, instead of destroy protections that have existed for many of your lifetimes. Don't come asking me for pity when the Whisplings force you to eat your own magics in order to defeat then. Don't come running to me when the waste wurms emerge from their tunnels to find that the cold that kept them underground is gone!

But hey it's not all bad, at least you can continue your hunt and add a third of the crown ancients heads to your collection, you blew up the first and uprooted the second, make sure to come up with something just as interesting for the third!

Warnings he wants, like I should help the foolhardy.

-Merrick the Sage

Last edited:
Thank you for your insights Merrick; as it has been the last 6 years, your advice and wisdom is appreciated by at least some.

=Druid Asher Oakheart

I ask to find clarity, not riddles. It was not asked to change anything, but you presume so. If you wish to provide a warning, you have done so. What more would you impart?

Well, I have just arrived at the ruins and am beyond pleased with what I see! The cold seems to have kept the place entirely preserved! Everything seems to be intact and perfect, but I haven't managed to get inside yet; there's a significant buildup of ice keeping the gates stuck shut at the moment. Worry not, I'll have it thawed and open before you join up with me for certain! In the meantime, I've been working on converting an old shelter not too far from the ruins into my research outpost and I think it's going quite nicely, so expect a warm shelter when you arrive!

There are a pair of Permanent Circles of Power right nearby the place, but I can certainly tell the lack of natural magic in the Wastes has done a bit of a number on them and they're very weak at the moment. So far, I haven't got their boundaries to serve as a protective barrier, I can't get the Celestial Circle to identify anything, I think casting a ritual in one would be a fairly poor idea, and I obviously haven't tried resurrecting anyone in the Earth Circle (I hope I don't have to), but I'll keep poking at the circles and seeing what I can do to get them functioning at full capacity!

I'm just so excited to have a look into the ruins!

- Jilkir Pelunica

QUESTION!

Assuming we find priceless relics you get to keep and all kinds of things in these ruins I understand that, I do. However, will your little outpost have food? Because I don't know about you, but I like employers of relic hunts to provide a meal of some variety. It helps with motivation, and further exploring, and all sorts of things.

Okay question over!

-Vermouth

Vermouth,

Of course I have brought stores of food for the outpost! However, I will concede that I am personally not a chef by any means and have no faith in my ability to make a good meal out of even a supply of the finest ingredients, so I would be ever so pleased if you have someone that can cook my food supplies accompany you!

- Jilkir Pelunica

Thank you to all that offered your assistance in delving the ruins with me! It was absolutely intriguing to hear of the things you discovered! As promised early in the day, that of monetary value which you discovered within the ruins is yours to keep and divide as you see fit as my thanks for your assistance, though I will not conceal that I am significantly interested in any records of the Quelie's doings or methods. Harkon and I's crew will remain here for another while to see if we can find any additional pockets of the ruins that remain untapped and unexplored, and hopefully I can come across any written information that might be prudent to understanding the life of the ancient Elves. I might be working to replicate the work of my Kam-Alua ancestors, but I certainly won't turn down knowledge of my Quelie kindred!

It is such a pity that I missed the opening of the antechamber vault after you managed to retrieve the sixth cube from that massive thing... could any of you please enlighten me as to what was inside? The suspense has been killing me! Not literally, of course, but I certainly haven't been able to ponder much else since you left!

- Jilkir Pelunica

Back