Formal Magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myhkul

Artisan
Sitting in the Earth Circle, Isawda stared at the scroll unrolled on the table in front of him. If he was it to reforge himself, would he still be who he need to be?

It was a question that he would have some time to ponder. Before casting it would be an option, he would need to replace the strength that had been lost with the destruction of the stones. His current meager skills fell far short of the level needed to cast the powerful scroll safely. Plus he would need to find a catalyst for the Spirit Reforge, as well as the missing reagents (True-silver, Heart-stone and Wand).

Then a decision would need to be faced...

Placing sword to one side and spell book to the other, Isawda leaned back and closed his eyes. As he calmed his mind his breathing slowed, and he sought the vision that would guide him forward. Would the sword at his right hand, or the spell book at his left dominate his future. Would his meditation guide him to continue the path of a Templar, or direct him to the more Scholarly pursuits that might be most needed by the Breach.

For a night, a day, and into the second night his body moved no more than the slight rise and fall of his chest. Then, near midnight of that second night, his eyes snapped open. While his body had never moved, his two possessions had. No longer one at each hand, they now were squarely in front of him. One placed clearly atop the other...

The sword. It was placed below and covered almost entirely by the spell book. And it appeared larger than before and more ... solid, more substantial. Opening it and fanning the pages it was clear that it now contained those spells shared with the Celestial College. It was time to claim those shared spells. Let the Celestials withdraw if there was not room for them both within those Schools.

With a deep breath, Isawda awoke from his mediation. The sword and spell book where back at either hand, but the vision message remained.

Rolling out of bed, Isawda threw his sweat damp blanket against the wall. It hit softly and fell gently to the floor. He glared at it angrily. Would nothing give him the result he wished?

Perhaps he needed a better target for his frustration. Someone was guilty of tricking him into casting a Ritual far beyond what he had agreed to. Well enough. But they had also used the Earth Circle for their own purposes. And trapped an entire race against their will, and for their own purposes. Was it the Baron himself, or was it the foreman who might have acted on his own? Or perhaps a third party that pulled the stings? Perhaps a conversation with that foreman was the place to start. If not him, then he was the first link in the chain to find out who was guilty of using him to commit their vile act for them. Maybe there was still a way to clean at least some of this stain from his honor.

With the sun of a new day about to break over the horizon, Isawda settled his cloak on his shoulders. Checking pouches and bags he made sure that he traveled with all the things that might be needful. Glancing once slowly around the Breach his eyes stopped as they reached the Dwarf Home Stone. Was it his imagination or could he see .... something, swirling under the surface of the rock?
"Enough."
Turning his gaze to the route to Van Mills mine, he started off on the walk.

As he approached the mine, Isawda paused before stepping out into the open. Looking around he tried to judge the level of activity in the mine, and where the Foreman might best be found. Watching the portion of the mine visible from the surface, he looks for any sign of the one he seeks. (If he sees the foreman he will approach immediately)

Last edited:
The mine foreman steps out of the foreman's shack and walks over to a mining cart just arriving from below.

With an impatient nod of his head, Isawda walks quickly toward the foreman.

"Sir" he calls, "I have need of a moment of your time."

Coming to a halt in from of the lanky foreman, he continues "I need to know the details of the Scroll that you provided. For the Ritual that was to remove the Dark Dwarves from the mine."

With a raised eyebrow, Isawda watches carefully for the reactions as he awaits a response.

"Aye yes, great job you did. We're finally able to get some mining done with out fighting them Duergar off."

Writing something on a ledger, calls for a miner to haul the cart away.
"I know nothing about the Scroll. A messenger from Baron VanMill delivered that vial and the scroll, was told to deliver it to a Magi Mobeus. Rumors have been swirling around that the Magistrate has been abducted and missing for the last two months. With the Duergar attacks becoming more brazen, I needed to get that scroll to someone who could cast it. That left it to your hands as the ranking member of the Earth Weavers in the area." He shrugs his shoulders.

"I didn't want this job, the last three foreman died during Duergar attacks," smiling at you, "thanks to you, I don't have to worry about that."

Taking your hand he shakes it, "Thank you."

"And thank you for the information."

Holding the handshake just a shade longer, Isawda adds "Was the messenger know to you, or carry some proof of his identity?"

"He was wearing the Baron's crest, dropped off the miners pay at the same time. There was no reason for me to doubt anything. Is there a problem?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back