Favorites from The October Event!

RiddickDale

Knight
New Hampshire Staff
You were there!
You did some things!
We want to know your favorite moments!

SHARE THEM HERE!

Having a full Weekend event is top on my list!!! Followed by if not equal to Staff and NPCs. Big thanks to Jesse for getting us a site to play at!! Thanks to Mike D. for writing a wicked cool event. THANK YOU NPCs for running your asses off to entertain us Pcs!!

Sit down with Heresy and our talk about Honesty. Which lead to other conversations about why do people have to write down stuff that Common Sense?!?

Evan and his amazing Rping, I want to thank you again, for what you do. Every time that I interacted with Otho this weekend was great. You have a great way to keep people focused on staying in character and made it all seem just a little more "real". It made me want to stay IC, try harder and I wanted to thank you for that.

Side talks about barrels, hollowed out trees and rafts...or maybe a really big catapult.

Living, breathing enemies, sooo much fun waylaying stuff!!!!!

Conversations with Lorrieli, Otho, Rockwell, Golgoth, Amok, Fen, Warz and Jacques brought me deeper into game than I expected to be this weekend, and I felt closer to the world through each character.

Tracking wars with Cousin Clint, and subsequent mad dash through flame elementals.

Plotting with Sir Balus and Lord Vryan.

The all out melee with the extra planar pirates in the tavern and getting to side by side gas storm Jesse's dryad with Vry.

Fighting and pleading with the unicorn for her to break her chains, and speaking with different members of the town on why we should or should not give her a chance.

Keely's ferverishly smug vindication when Domino suggested a banish might actually work, and Dan emphatically calling bulls**t.

My number one favorite moment was definitely hanging off the bough of a ship/eight feet off the ground, trying to listen intently to a panthergaunt and whatever-the-hell-Dan-was, holding my swords, gas globes and a matchbox in one hand, with matches in my mouth, waiting for plan A, a signal that Vry, Otho and Keely needed me to try to kick the door in, or plan B, a chance to the light the deck on fire...

A close second was cracking up as we're trying to go to sleep discussing Evan's plan in the event he was discovered tip-toeing in the dark of the pirate ship.

Conversations with Lorrieli, Otho, Rockwell, Golgoth, Amok, Fen, Warz and Jacques brought me deeper into game than I expected to be this weekend, and I felt closer to the world through each character.

Tracking wars with Cousin Clint, and subsequent mad dash through flame elementals.

Plotting with Sir Balus and Lord Vryan.

The all out melee with the extra planar pirates in the tavern and getting to side by side gas storm Jesse's dryad with Vry.

Fighting and pleading with the unicorn for her to break her chains, and speaking with different members of the town on why we should or should not give her a chance.

Keely's ferverishly smug vindication when Domino suggested a banish might actually work, and Dan emphatically calling bulls**t.

My number one favorite moment was definitely hanging off the bough of a ship/eight feet off the ground, trying to listen intently to a panthergaunt and whatever-the-hell-Dan-was, holding my swords, gas globes and a matchbox in one hand, with matches in my mouth, waiting for plan A, a signal that Vry, Otho and Keely needed me to try to kick the door in, or plan B, a chance to the light the deck on fire...

A close second was cracking up as we're trying to go to sleep discussing Evan's plan in the event he was discovered tip-toeing in the dark of the pirate ship.

you forgot your hunting of me through the darkness ;P

This was a great weekend. I can't really express how much I needed it.

My favorites:

1. The Phalanx... it was great to be able to finally play with my team again. We've been scattered for a very long time and ti was great to see as many of us as there were! Lets make this a new pattern please.

2. Amuk... new players are always great and he was a great addition to the game. The costuming and roleplay was top notch. Can't wait to see how he grows as he gets more games under his belt.

3. The plot of the weekend was superb. The entire plot team helped create some excellent encounters. I had a lot of fun with them.

4. Sean Chase's nerd trap. I loved it. I may have been a poop on the way to the module and during setup I was more than happy to play through it all. Keep it up bro... I might even learn legerdemain... nah maybe not.

5. It was great that we were all able to adapt so well to the change in venue and sharing the site with non-LARPers.

6. Asking a couple people to go outside and help fix the field up a bit on Sunday morning only to see the entire game on the field 5 minutes later was amazing. Definitely made a GM proud.

as always i had a super awesome time
thanks to the staff and rocking npc's love you guys!

i have a ton of favorites.

the first is friday night.
town is like, lets go save a unicorn!!
okay lets go!
get there, its fighting off bugs. then as she runs to her pirate buddies and im like wtf!! its a pirate?!!
but my attention was distracted on big red bug.

yup, that a-hole.
during the fight theodin goes down
theodin went down, i tossed a few flame charges in brbs face
having allready going top down from shield, brb beat my ***
and cause everyone backed up, i got grabbed and rifted to bug hive
got a bug in my head,
bug in head not by choice,and enslaved to get drenten, xiknaught(stanlys spiderkin) and the ice dryad baby im suposed to protect
i go back in town, theodin was all like by order show me your neck, they were about to give me enslavement antidote, but because we had to rewind,, they Forgot
and were standing on this enclosed porch, and jesse h is there and our townwide benny domino was going to go in my head but he was talking to evan, i go "can we do this later?" he goes "uhhh, sure" so i go "okay" and i leave the porch as heresy, who was supposed to prevent me from leaving porch was also distracted, evan goes, "hey shes leaving." and i fu**
off into the darkness
and attempt fair escape
in my head i go, theres no effing way im going to get drenten, and i have no effing clue where that damn spider is, so guess im going for the child
and jesse goes back to npc camp and i find out later he was thinking same lines as he goes "we have to talk about whats going to happen if she gets the child"

cause kainen is currently protecting the child at brats home base, and me showing up to come get her probably isnt going to raise any red flags
me leaving alone might, but probably not, though when kainen finds out 5hrs or what ever later he would be pissed isnt good enough a word,livid is better
anyway, i still have to escape. so i drop shield cause its to obvious, and i drop my belt as its too loud, and at the site was a small slope, gary and dan beshers are on my heels, with a lantern but its a shitty lantern that more messes your night vision so i lay down on the slope so i can watch them and hopefully they dont see me
they both run right by me.
im laughing my *** off, but part of me wants to be caught
so i get up to run to the other side of the field, when doesnt the level 4 new pc dude effing see me, and evan as well so i bolt. knowing dan and gary are way way faster
and the kin also chases me, who i turn on to spell strike prison his *** but dan catches up then, and i swipe at him, who spelk shields it and then heresy also catches up. who paralize me
takes them another hour to get me the enslavement antidote
i tottaly flip out when they give me the antidote,
i was like keely you have no idea how bad it was going to be if i got away
no idea
i beg domino to go tell kainen to move the kid and what happened. i also give domino my feathers so kainen will at least listen to him.
i hope---

saturday night we have to destroy another link to fire and because i was lone high rit celstial caster guess who had to cast the dfm while everyone else went balls to the wall fighting flame elementals, and especially because ive cast a total of 9 rits(thats after the weekend) ever in my life. so ya know, "no pressure avalon"

rit succeds, yay! explodes in giant fire ball, boo, no one can reach my bleeding out, now dead body double boo

later the bug gets taken out of my head yay!!
late sat night
me, golgoth, keely, ortho, vry and heresy go to a tower to get another power item we need only we dont know what it is
come to find a coherant cousin clint. /sad face
but we track down his companion outside by just barley making the 4 ranks. (vry and heresy 1 each and me with 2.)
get it, find its a manifestation of ice

sunday i have to heal it with ice.
and THAT had to be my best role play moments ever. loved that.

i also had to make the reality spike too, which was fun
the whole weekend was great and i cant wait for the next one
thanks guys!!
-rachel

"Did you try to charm me?" "No?"
Watching the RP that took place after Avalon was captured and while people were trying to fix her. That was some intense stuff. Sorry you had a windy corner of the room gawking, it was half past bed o'clock.
"We're wizards fighting robots. We can be over here now."

Everything was terrible and on fire and I loved it and want more.
Wizards vs. Robots will always have a special place in my heart.
Thank you, everyone, for all the fantastic roleplay conversations.

I had a blast this past weekend :) First time NPCing in 4 plus years and I loved every minute of it.
Thank you to Matt King, Liam , Chava, Loren , Josh B. and Alex for donating crock pots, griddles, and time to help make the make ship tavern a success.

* Opening wave battle Friday night fighting bugs as Calliope (unicorn) turning to Keely and asking if they had a Captain . And watching the wheels turn in her head right before my pirate friends arrived.

*All the roleplay with Heresy as Calliope from him pleading with her in the heat of battle Friday night to him warning her of her final chance during the tavern fight. I'm excited to see where she ends up as a character.

* Diplomatron Beta.....damn I had no idea I could be that much of brutal jerk

* Magic Eaters...:)

* Low level goblin puzzle mod... I love playing stupid dumb goblins

* Roleplay about loyalty with Heresey as Lorielie in the tavern I also felt very much in game and seperate fron the real world ....why I play this game

I was only there for part of the event, but I absolutely loved what I was there for.

I loved the big pirate fight in the tavern, and the elemental finale. They were both incredible spectacles, and great fights to play a part of.

I'm so, so, so glad the trap mod went off well. It was late, and a decent amount of it was planned on-site, but I'm so glad that it worked. It was also really satisfying throwing arrows at Riddick synchronously whenever he opened his mouth. :D

I'm already forming plans for my next mod... someone had better get Legerdemain. :p

Back