Ahlana

Radi,
In order for the magic to restore the elders need to be released. Its a really good thing. Each elder represents a school of magic like healing, ice, fire, etc.

Squire Nyio a.k.a Shiny

To ve fair the vourld iz better of vith out the elders vut ve need the magic to fix the illz of the vorld zo iz complicated. Though I think ve could replace the twelve current elderz vith dragonz vut that iz var vrom easy.

Kit

Can anyone give us a run down of the dispositions/jobs/roles of said elders? I would greatly prefer to know whom I might be talking to.

I am the most interested in meeting the elder of Order or perhaps Healing. Also that Dragon fellow sounds interesting.

Zane

You're looking for the Unicorn Zane. I know that it handles healing. The good Lady Sudicar can probably help you once the Unicorn is released.
I doubt the Unicorn represents order, simply healing. It seems as the Knights of Order leave this land to it's own devices.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

Suits me. I'm also concerned about meeting the wrong elder. I admit I still have something of a temper after all... I wouldn't want to make a bad situation worse.

Just looking for a heads up on these elders and their ilk.

Zane

Last edited:
Link,

Wasn't the unicorn an a$$hole, or was that a different unicorn we visited? Also, who are the Knights of Order?

Radi

To anybody else,

How are the daggers related to all of this?

-Radi

Banradi,
Order is essentially the true opposite of Chaos. It empowers healing and earth magic. Elementals Creatures typically have a hierarchy Squire, Knight, Lord, Prince, Icon. There maybe a few in between there. Knights tend to be the most active, as often its pretty easy for beings from the prime material plane to trade for a transformation to a Knight.

Link

Link,

That's interesting. I'm vaguely familiar with the hierarchy through my studies of the Waymaker Stones. Although I've never managed to figure out where "Aspect" fits in however... That might be completely separate actually, just like someone who aligns themselves with a plane and is marked by them isn't on the hierarchy either. I'll have to look into that.

Regardless, I have yet to actually see an "Order Elemental", nor do I wish to. In Dragonreach, The "plane" of order is really just a wall that keeps Void from destroying the land. The creatures that exist on that wall are so powerful that they can basically just will you out of existence if you're on their part of it. For me, chaos is "Void given Order".

Radi

Zane just know that all ov the elders are self serving and care little vor anyone vut themselves. There vars against each other nearly destroyed these lands in the past and provably vill do zo again. I vor one am sad that ve must have them vack but to clean this land of its taint ve need magic. And thus I aid in bringing them back vut have no love for them and vill not deal vith any of them.

Kit

Radi,

Contact me this next market day, as I have information that may be of interest to you.

An "aspect" when used as the noun such as "Aspect of Fire" is a very high ranking elemental. Just below Icon in fact. They are more or less powerful depending on how many aspects there are currently on the plane in question.

Not everyone everywhere calls them this as the word "aspect" can be pretty a general term but when applied to an elemental it almost always means something powerful.

My biggest concern right now is if I run into a creature, as powerful as I suspect these elders to be, that is the lord and master of all that is Chaos that I am just going to lose it and attempt to write my name in his chest. That wouldn't be good for anyone. I understand that balance must be maintained, and ultimately I am fine with it, but you'll have a hard time arguing that with me if I am beside myself with Chaos-influenced rage.

Zane

Last edited:
Robert,

Will you share the information here publicly. As a town we need to build trust with one and another. Back room chats, even if done in good nature, are exclusive and could serve to hurt us. The more knowledgable we all are the better.

For example, Wycliff seems interested in all things. I'm sure he'd be interested in hearing you out anything you have to share.

And if you're worried about our enemies, I'm confident they are not among us here. Should they be, then let this serve as a notice that we are coming for them.

Zane,
If you run into such creature you won't be alone. And it won't be more then crumbles for long. Rarely do I truly dance these days, when I do it is to send something like this off.

After all, you were the one what hate for these foul creatures truly meant.

Link

Back when both magic and the Elders were free, each Elder sought a champion and bestowed an enchanted dagger upon them.
When the World Dragon remade the world, he utilized the wands as a bottle of sorts, entrapping both an elder and a form of magic in each wand.
While the magic and the elder are connected via the wand, the daggers are a link to their respective elder, not to the magic.
The Elders are not directly connected to the magic they share a prison with either, although many share with a magic they are suited to.

~Ahlana

Link,
I'm not worried about some Chaos elder giving me a hard time. I am part of that packed-lunch brought-army scenario. What I am worried about is when I go all rage monster on the Chaos beast and wreck things for people that live in these lands. Ruining balance or subjecting them to some eternal elder that just comes back for revenge when I, and the flame, are not presently in town doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not saying keep it off me, I might die. I'm saying keep ME off IT so my friends and I don't kill it. I get the sense that would be bad.

Ahlana and others,
Who currently champions the elders and which elders? If you happen to be the champion of Chaos don't worry. So long as you never channel the stuff around me or my family there won't be an issue.

Zane

Benradi,
The daggers were how the Elders chose their champions when their power was being drained by the basilisk.

Zane,
None of the Elders were that of Chaos if I remember correctly. I hold the dagger of the Muse, that of art and entertainment.

May your travels be smooth,

Eve Rosenfeld
Sister of the Brotherhood of LifeStorm
Apprentice to Lord BarristerEnan Bluewater of the Greater Earth Guild of Terna
Apprenticed to Lord BarristerEnan Bluewater
Healer of the Broken Lands

If you wish to learn of the elders, the wands they are sealed in, and the daggers they granted, please come speak to me. I will be in the tavern on the first evening of the market day.

Back