Thrown Weapon

Without feeling and weighing them I can't make a determination.

What I CAN say is that this would be considered "alternate materials" so even if they aren't too large (no rulebook at work to check math) any weapon marshal could fail them based on that alone. I'd say buy one and have the Head of Rules for the chapter you're going to use it in make the determination before buying a dozen. Also keep in mind that them being passed by one chapter does not create an obligation in any other chapter to pass them.

Sorry if this is less helpful than you'd hoped.

I appreciate the response. For reference they're just standard 8.3in diameter dodge balls made of the squishy stuff, not the kickball material.

Edit: My intent is to use them as Golem Boulders.

Then I'd REALLY need to do the math. You initially said Thrown Weapon so I was going by those guidelines. :p

Boulders (I believe) have a minimum size, but no specific construction guidelines beyond a trashbag filled with crumpled newspaper, so you're at the mercy of the local weapon marshals again I'm afraid. I'd love to be able to respond with a straight yes or no, but boulders are really ill-defined in terms of construction and are all case-by-case.

I know that material very well. As is, I definitely think they are too dense for a weapon of that size. As a core (presumably for weighting) of a larger bolder and surrounded by crumpled newspaper (or a similarly low density material), I think it could work, but I wouldn't bet $114 on that fact.

As Todd pointed out, this is just spitballing until someone with authority holds the final product and takes a test wallop at a nearby victim .... err volunteer.

-MS

So, by the Throwing Weapon rules, they wouldn't even qualify as a Heavy Thrown weapon with a base damage of 3. As previously stated, any and all alternate materials would have to be judged on a case by case basis. Below is the excerpt under thrown weapons that I'm citing.

"Thrown Weapons can be of many different shapes and sizes. They must be constructed with no core and may not be internally weighted with hard materials. These weapons can never be used as a melee weapon in a fight; they must be thrown. Because they can be odd sizes and shapes, they must be approved on a case-by-case basis.
All Thrown Weapons may be used to Waylay. Thrown Weapons with any single measurement over 24 in. / 61 cm. should be tagged as a “Heavy Thrown Weapon” and will have a base damage of 3 instead of 2."

Thank you, Sean. I believe that disqualifies the Dodgeballs in every sense. I will go back to the massive grey trash bag filled with newspaper. Now the question is how to get that thing in the car...

Crumple and fill on site.

That's a good idea. I'll just bring a crap load of it and make a new one every time haha

Or donate them as you make em. :p

That's actually a really good idea. Except I'm scared for NPC camp to have 1 boulder per Vox appearance ;)

NPC Camp: Expect an influx of stupidly large boulder reps.

Back