Burglary Challenge at Tourney

Toddo

Knight
NEPA Staff
Marshal
Greetings to all you, um, locksmiths out there.

I've been reading about your tournaments and I see that there is usually a "cultural" bit where guests can compete or provide an event for people to enjoy. As the resident Osprey I've decided to issue a challenge to those who like to fiddle with traps and locks and things. Anyone can compete, but if you don't know how to handle traps you will probably... um... how do I say this? Oh yeah, die.

Hear me out.

The challenge will be to collect tokens hidden in a simulated vault. Easy. There will be traps and locks, also easy. Whoever gets the most tokens wins, ties will be resolved by which of the people who tie either completed the gauntlet or left in the least amount of time.

Simple stuff, here are the rules.

1. No magic items or protectives. This includes potions, elixirs, scrolls and spells cast from memory, this is a test of skill and cunning. If you have tools that are indestructible you will be provided with a similar set at the entrance to the gauntlet. If you should happen to be exploded and aren't dead you may return to the entrance for replacement tools. (1 stick and five feet of string)

2. You may leave the gauntlet at any time, doing so will end the challenge and your current tokens will be counted and your score recorded.

3. Healing will be available, but keep in mind that you will be in the gauntlet alone and if you bypassed traps rather than disarming them it is possible that I will not be able to clear the way for the healer to get to you in time. Fair warning.

4. If you become unconscious at any time the challenge will end and you will be penalized half of your tokens and your score recorded. Again, every effort will be made to reach before you dissipate.

5. Should a token be located within a trapped container, setting off the trap will result in forfieture of that token regardless of if it was destroyed or not.

The Prize: A VERY useful magical item (I swear by the Sirens I speak truth) and the respect of the Osprey.

Any questions?

-Captain Dorgun of the Hero's Folly, Osprey Tribe

Dorgun, I have a question.

Yes, other Dorgun?

Why would you do this?

There are many reasons, all of them secret.

I respect your discretion.

Because I am benevolent and fair, liquid lights will be allowed.

-Dorgun

If you are looking to compete, please let me know in some fashion so that I can prepare the correct amount of explosives.

My new shiny friend says I should try this. Even though you use many big words like "explosives" and "burglary" that I have not heard before, I will ask my other new furry face friend what these mean. I look forward to meeting both of you, Dorguns.

Thank you, Dorgun. I was quite surprized and speachless that I won your challenge. I am still quite speachless and I dont know how to express my gratitude for this pretty magic stick. Someone had to teach me how to use it, the right words to say to make it work, but I am a fast learner. Now I wont have to bother Master Dwarf as often to fix my armor.

I am quite proud of my stick skill. Never had any complaints.
You did the best, you earned it.

Dorgun of the Osprey

Back