Announcing the Betrothal of His Majesty

Lurin

Duke
Having completed the selection and after due consideration, his Majesty King Talon Gaden has selected his bride, the beautiful Baroness Siobhoan Grey Shademarch.

As the chosen bride to the king the Baroness Shademarch shall give up her current title and lands, to be taken over by Duke Idden until he finds such a person as that can administer the land.

Lady Grey shall be wed to the King in the coming fall during the month of September and shall have the privileges of the King's betrothed during that time.

- Seneschal Deran Emry

I'm sure the other attendants at the ball would join me in wholeheartedly congratulating His Majesty and the esteemed Lady Baroness on this happiest of occasions. We all greatly appreciate the opportunity to have met His Majesty, who so kindly deigned to dance with so many ladies present there that night despite his apparent intention to select from the start His Majesty's childhood friend (so I'm told) for his bride. To think that I, a lowly ex-military adventurer, could feel for a moment like a true lady! In fact, were it not for her surprisingly late arrival the rest of us would never have had the rare privilege to imagine for a single moment that we had any chance at all to catch His Majesty's eye. For that, and for the dance, I and the other ladies thank you, Your Majesties. I feel truly blessed to have had the chance to spend so much of the coin which I have spilt so much of my blood to earn on the travel and accoutrements to attend the meeting of His Majesty and his Lady wife.

Sincerely,
Fiona

Back