Summer Gameday

Avaran

Baron
Hello, everyone!

As a tentative 'heads-up' and a bit of an update, we are looking at potentially scheduling a gameday on the weekend of July 26/27. We are narrowing in on a private site for the day. There are a couple of things we need to work out to make it happen. We should have more information tomorrow or Thursday.

We are also looking at one in August as well, on the 23rd or 24th.

Mostly we are doing our best to work out our site deficiencies. Watch this thread for more information!

Thanks,

-Plot

Oh man oh man oh man... excited for a gameday, but please please please not the 26th.

Looking forward to a game day ^.^

Dallas and I are planning on going. Queenie will be at Faerieworlds so will not.

Update:

Not confirmed yet, but we are trying to book Battleground for a gameday for Sunday, August 24, 2014.

July is and has been completely booked. While we are continuing to also look at public parks and spaces, we are being particularly picky as most public spaces end up ruining in-game atmosphere and general fun; and with it being summer, most tend to be substantially busy.

If we did a camp-out the night before at BG that would be pretty cool!

ditto ^^^^^^^!!

Please don't make it on July 26th. I will be at Faerieworlds that day. BTW, is it all boffer or will there be some RP for us non-fighters?

Hnnnnggg #Want. Want want want!

Any word on this, for those ever so precious TO requests or what not so people can make it.

Ditto, as August is quickly approaching.

Alright.

We are scheduling a gameday for Saturday, August 23, 2014, at Mary S. Young State Park in West Linn, Oregon from Noon to around 16:00.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=101

• There are a couple of things to keep in mind for this particular space:
  • Packet policing will be vital. There are lots of neat trails and such there, but also a lot of green/undergrowth.
  • We anticipate a decent amount of walking, so bring your walking shoes. You will also need to walk through some ankle-deep water for about 5 feet, awful.
  • It is likely to be hot as well. Bring water. There is shade, but the spot where we will be starting is not shaded at all; couple that with the walking and you're going to want water. There were no drinking fountains that I saw; we should have a couple of flats of water, but it never hurts to be prepared for yourself.
  • There are bathrooms, near the parking area.
  • There will be lots of walking. Some of it up a hill.
  • If you are susceptible to sun burn, bring sunscreen.
  • We will not be processing downtimes prior to this game day.

Where to meet:
When you enter the park from highway 43, you will take the first left you see that goes onto a gravel parking area. That is where we will be.

More info:
http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/the-golden-horn.27528/

And look here for in-game info in a day or two for game-day specific information:
http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/season-1-event-schedule-for-september-2014.19353/

Since people are going to ask: what's the cost for attending?

Since people are going to ask: what's the cost for attending?

I'm not in charge of pricing, so DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, but we usually charge $10.00 or so, but could be $15.00. It's one of those two, anyway.

Oh man, Imma do my best to attend. Is there a pre-reg being setup for this or do we need to track down one of our most recent character sheets?

I live two blocks from the back entrance to the park (no car access). Am I correct that this will basically be a beat on everyone and everything event with little RP? I/Hava cannot do the hiking. Is there a place for me to set up a stationary triage? If so, I can bring a table and chair.
~Zaz
Map for Mary S Young Park. http://westlinnoregon.gov/sites/default/files/gis/parks/parks_msy_trailnames_2009.pdf

Zaz, unfortunately, with what we need to accomplish story-wise with this gameday, there won't be a centralized location for a triage unit. :/ Historically, gamedays at public parks/areas involve a lot of walking and no centralized location for an inn/triage spot, or even town, really. We tried very hard to get a private location - where we are more able to centralize things - but were unable to do so due to availability and costs.

One other thing to note: for players who come along, I would highly recommend bringing "Light" character gear. For example, if your character carries 100 Scrolls "just in case", you probably will want to leave those items behind.

Is there a pre-reg being setup for this or do we need to track down one of our most recent character sheets?

Our head of logistics is currently out of town, she will set up a pre-reg sign-up and we'll have character sheets for people who have pre-reg'd.

This is important: the area in which we will be, has no electricity/outlets nearby that we could see/find. This means if you do not pre-register, we won't have a character sheet for you, and we won't be able to provide one for you on-site! If that happens, you will need to rely on an old character sheet that you have on your person, or you will need to NPC.

Back